Skip to main content

Why Have We So Many Problems? The Talk Of The Month

In each newsletter I would like to introduce a talk or conversation from people who have accompanied me in my spiritual development. 

I would like to start this newsletter with Krishnamurti and his talk about problems. You can listen to it following the link  at the end of this article.




I was very touched by this discourse because it highlighted to me that we are all deeply conditioned, but rarely question or recognize it.

By conditioning I mean the sum of all values, beliefs and 'musts' that have been imprinted on me at a moment when I was too young to question them.

If we would recognize that everybody on the planet is deeply conditioned maybe a better understanding of the other could arise.

Because what I reject in the other person is maybe not contained in me because I was exposed to a different set of beliefs and values.

So I don't reject the person but his conditioning.

This could then lead to something like compassion or even understanding for the other person. And then maybe we could meet for the first time on the same level where I don't need to raise myself up or make the other smaller to feel good. 

It became very clear to me in this talk that the beginning of all problems is my insufficient understanding of my own conditioning.

And that maybe I should start looking at life not as a way of dealing with myriad problems, but as a highly suspenseful film in which I play the leading role.

At the same time, I should be aware that this film always ends fatally for me and that it therefore makes no sense to postpone life until later.



Who Is speaking?

My name is Jan Diringer and I live on this beautiful island of Crete since 2021. I work as a life coach and as a cook for groups in workshops.

My biggest interest is self-development and my biggest goal would be to perceive reality for a moment without looking through the lenses of my conditioning. I love to help people who want to reach their potential.

Comments