Skip to main content

The Talk Of The Month: The Life That You Are

 

The talk of this month is  You Do Not Have a Life by Eckhard Tolle. He is an enlightened master, spiritual teacher, and author. His most popular book is “The Power of NOW“.

 

He is speaking all over the world and in my opinion, he has a very beautiful sense of humour and a verry keen power of observation.

 

I find this talk very impressive because it shows how easily we get trapped in the mind game. This game only works by separation and duality.

 

In this talk the main issue is the perceived separation between you  and you having a life, but it can be every other thought, it does not matter, because our mind likes to run the show and keep us busy.

 

This game always starts with some kind of separation and then the door is open for judgment and fighting.

 

If there is no separation, there is also no space for fighting and then there is only oneness. The problem is we cannot reach and discover this oneness with our mind because it needs duality to exist.

 

Our mind is a tool to solve problems. In oneness there are no problems, so the mind gets bored very fast. That is why we always have problems doing nothing.

 

However, the mind is not the enemy, it is also part of oneness. You cannot overcome your mind but you can take control over it so it does not run the show anymore. Thus, you become the Master and it is the servant.

 

You can think of the mind as the hammer in your toolbox. For some things the hammer is very useful. However, if I asked you if you cooked with your hammer or if you took it into the shower, you would probably think I am out of my mind.

 

But back to the talk, for me it made very clear that there is no separation between me and life. I am life which brings the next interesting question: who am I?

 

More about this in the next newsletter .

Now I wish you a lot of fun with this talk of the month

Big hugs and a lot of love, Jan



Who Is speaking?

My name is Jan Diringer and I live on this beautiful island of Crete since 2021. I work as a life coach and as a cook for groups in workshops.

My biggest interest is self-development and my biggest goal is to perceive reality for a moment without looking through the lenses of my conditioning. I love to help people who want to reach their potential.

Comments